LFA provides innovative design and planning solutions that respond to client objectives in a creative, integrated and co-ordinated manner. Our team of highly skilled staff offer a range of professional services across the following core disciplines:
- Urban Design
- Peer Review & Expert Witness
LFA’s masterplanning services offer clients innovative, sustainable and pragmatic design solutions that strike a creative balance between responding to the sensitivities of a site and optimising latent potential.
LFA has demonstrated leadership in the co-ordination of multi-disciplinary teams is reflected in the integration of environmental, economic and social inputs to create robust masterplans that respect the needs of the client, the environment and the community. LFA also leads and participates in community and stakeholder engagement and Enquiry-by-Design Workshops.
Masterplanning services include:
- Masterplans and Concept Planning – including new communities, urban revitalisation, town centres, coastal and water-based residential estates, heritage sites, and business / technology parks.
- Indicative Layout Plans
- Precinct Plans
- Structure Plans
- Subdivision Plans
- Urban Framework Plans
- Masterplan Peer Review
Award winning and major masterplan projects include: Green Square Town Centre Masterplan, Twin Waters Residential Community, Waterways (Melbourne), Waterside (Penrith), East Leppington Precinct, Schofields Precinct, Area 20 Precinct, Marsden Park Industrial and the Former Kenmore Hospital Site Masterplan.
From strategic urban design frameworks to placemaking, LFA’s experienced staff offers a range of urban design services to create liveable places, guide future development, improve the effectiveness of planning controls and assist clients in making key development decisions.
Urban Design services include:
- Urban Design and Public Domain Strategies
- Urban Design Frameworks
- Development Control Plans
- Design Guidelines
- Visual Impact Assessment
- Site Potential Studies / Development Yield Assessments
- Urban Design Studies
- Urban Design Review
Key urban design projects include: Parramatta North Urban Transformation, BATA Site Concept Masterplan, Former ACI Site Masterplan, Bowden and Prince Henry Design Guidelines.
LFA has a diverse architectural studio offering services in concept design, design development, construction documentation and site services. LFA’s team of architects and designers offers design excellence and innovation in meeting or exceeding clients expectations, market demand and sustainability targets.
LFA’s portfolio of architectural projects includes:
- Residential houses
- Medium density urban housing
- High density urban housing
- Social and Affordable Housing
- Commercial / Mixed-Use Projects
- Aged Care
- Heritage Buildings and Sites
In addition, LFA’s in-house team of urban planners enables clients to package town planning and development application services together with architectural projects to ensure co-ordinated and integrated project delivery.
Award winning and major projects include: Redfern East Social Housing (Moreland Street, Redfern), Centric, Prominence and Arc Apartments (Victoria Park, Zetland), Casuarina Grove Specialist Aged Village (Hamlyn Terrace) and Lakes Business Park (Lord Street and Simeon’s Restaurant)
LFA has extensive experience in planning at both State and Local government levels. Our experienced staff has demonstrated leadership in the co-ordination and preparation of development applications and the timely achievement of planning approvals. LFA offers the urban design and architectural insight to ensure co-ordinated design and planning outcomes.
Planning services include:
- Planning Proposals (Rezoning)
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Statement of Environmental Effects
- Response to Submissions Reports
- Review of Environmental Factors Reports
- Planning Frameworks
- Planning Reviews and Advice
- Planning Pathway Advice
- Expert Witness and Independent Reviews
Key projects include: Northern Beaches Hospital, Shell Cove Boat Harbour Precinct, Wagga Wagga Base Hospital Redevelopment, Liverpool Hospital Redevelopment and Chris O’Brien Lifehouse at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.
Peer Review & Expert Witness
LFA provides independent professional advice to Local Government on design excellence and complex development application matters to assist Councils in achieving optimal design and planning outcomes.
Alf Lester and Steve Anders have extensive experience in assessing design quality, urban design and landscape architecture through their involvement in numerous panels across the Sydney metropolitan area including:
- Hornsby Design Excellence Panel
- Sutherland Shire Council Architectural Review Advisory Panel
- Rouse Hill Regional Centre Design Review Panel
- The Hills Shire Urban Design Review Panel
- Liverpool City Council Independent Hearing and Assessment Panel (IHAP)
- North Sydney Independent Planning Panel (NSIPP)
- Prince Henry Design Review Panel
Landscape architecture continues to add value to LFA’s masterplanning, urban design and architectural projects, ensuring effective design continuity and delivery of quality environments.
Together with our strategic partners, LFA offers the following services:
- Public Domain and Landscape Strategies
- Landscape Design for Urban Housing
- Landscape Masterplanning
- Landscape Design Guidelines
Award winning and projects include: Shell Cove, Twin Waters, Waterside, Waterways and Western Sydney Parklands.